The new claim status inquiry attachment feature in NaviNet is live as of November 1.
Providers who are responding to a Highmark request for additional information regarding a claim will be able to upload and attach supporting documents directly through NaviNet. This functionality will help to streamline the claim status inquiry process and ensure Highmark receives the correct supporting documentation.
You will be able to attach seven types of documents to a claim status inquiry:
- PWK (Additional Documentation to Support an Electronic Claim)
- Out of Area Medical Records (Including Barcoded Request Letter)
- Medical Record Request
- General Provider/Facility Inquiry
- DE Medicaid - Medical Record Request
- DE Medicaid - General Provider/Facility Inquiry
- DE Medicaid - PWK (Additional Documentation to Support an Electronic Claim)
A Special Bulletin with additional information and step-by-step instructions is available on the Provider Resource Center sites. To access it:
- Click Newsletters/Notices
- Select Special Bulletins & Mailings